The KEA AWA is a personal water filter straw to carry on all your adventures. It can be used to drink from rivers, lakes and other freshwater sources.
You can drink either directly from the straw or use the included extension pipe to place the straw into a container of collected water.
Please read these instruction carefully to ensure the proper use of the filter. The quality of the filtered water is not guaranteed if the straw is used outside of normal operating procedures outlined in this manual.
HOW TO USE
1. FIND WATER
The straw can be used to safely drink water under most circumstances. However it is recommended to find the cleanest/clearest water source possible.
If heavy sediments are present, collect water in a container and wait for it to settle before drinking.
2. DRINK WATER
Remove the straw from carry bag and take off the silicone cap. Place the bottom (black) end in the water and suck 3-5 times through the orange nozzle to draw water through the filter and are able to drink easily.
3. CLEAR STRAW
When fished drinking, suck remaining water through straw and then blow air through the nozzle to clear excess water. Shake the straw strongly to remove any further droplets.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Always clean mouthpiece before use.
- Take care to keep the mouthpiece clean and away from source water whilst drinking as this is can cause contamination.
- If using extension pipe, ensure it is fixed firmly to the mouthpiece to prevent any contaminated water entering the pipe.
- Always drink from water with the low sediments. Heavy sediments will decrease the lifespan of the filter.
- Always clear excess water from the straw before storage
- For use with Freshwater only. Do not use to drink any other liquids.
- Only use in water temperatures between 0°C / 32°F & 40°C / 104°F
- Do not use if the plastic casing breaks or cracks in any way.
- The filter has reached it's capacity when you can no longer easily drink water through the straw. Please discard responsibly (not recyclable).
Drinking un-treated water can expose you to harmful microorganisms. Never use straw to filter sea-water, chemically contaminated water or any other liquid.
- Removes Viruses up to 99.99%
- Removes Bacteria up to 99.9999%
- Removes Cyst up to 99.99%
- Filters out: Microplastics, Chemicals & Heavy Metals
- BPA Free
- Lifespan: At least 300 litres
- Flow rate: 0.5L/minute
- Operating water temp: 0°C - 40°C